Pitch – refers to the angle of the blade
- The pitch can be changed to increase or decrease the rotational velocity
Brake – is used to stop rotation
- On the Acciona AW-1500 turbine, the brake is a single disk.
Low Shaft Speed
- On the Acciona AW-82/1500 turbine, the low-speed shaft rotates at a max of 16.7 rpm.
High Shaft Speed
- On the Acciona AW-82/1500 turbine, the high-speed shaft rotates at 1320 rpm.
- On the Acciona AW-82/1500 turbine, the gearbox ratio is 1:78. For every 1 revolution of a blade, the generator spins 78 times.
- The nacelle is the covering that encloses the generator, gears, brakes, etc.
Yaw Drive + Motor
- The towers are 80 meters high in a standard Liberty 2.5MW turbine system.